Sunday 14 October 2012

THE FUTURE, and THINGS TO COME

THE FUTURE: SEARCHING FOR A DEPENDABLE CO-AUTHOR or two.
Q: Hmm. Why am I doing this alone again?
A. I didn't know who else would be interested, who I would also get along with, but I had to take action and begin something new with or without partnerships.  But, how narcissistic and uninteresting. "contemporary art life and studio practices of Windsor,ON+area (as per Sasha Opeiko)"? Who do I think I am? Let's be realistic and remember that I have my own artistic practice and research to take care of (more narcissism), and there is a lot of ground to cover, sometimes I won't be able to be in three places at once.

I can do this on my own, but the frequency of posts and coverage may suffer.  If you want to contribute, and if I can rely on you to be consistent, present, excited... contact me with a sample of your writing [[sashaopeiko@gmail.com]]- a review, an interview, or even an opinionated letter of interest.... The mandate of this blog is to make obvious that Windsor art practices are connected to the rest of the world.  There are 'outside' artists coming through, and Windsorites exhibit and research globally. We function in frameworks that extend outside of the border-city motor-city conversation. I intend to search for artists in Windsor, but also artists who have left Windsor. You will not get paid for your writing, but this is an excellent excuse to meet/seek artists and go to more exhibitions.

THINGS TO COME:
To come this week: a feature article on one ten park: a working space.
To come soon: comments on Art Gallery of Windsor exhibitions (Kika Thorne, Robert Houle, John Scott)
To come soon: comments on 48 Hour Flickfest (Oct. 19-21) + feature interview with filmmaker Jarrod Ferris.
To come soon: comments on a sound poetry event at Common Ground:




















Maybe to come soon: (if I can make it to D-city in time) comments on Engage at Whitdel Arts and Vision in a Cornfield at MOCAD

No comments:

Post a Comment